Join my page group created for discussion and debates on topics. You can share your views, opinions, thoughts there. An open platform for debates and discussions.
We all know, that Salman Khan is staying with his friends and family in the farmhouse. Also, Salman Khan in his YouTube video mentioned that some friends are also staying here.
Now Jacqueline’s picture on Instagram can prove that she is stuck in the farmhouse and enjoying every single moment with nature.
She is also endorsing and promoting brands staying at home. Her album with Badshah ” Genda Phool” released during the lockdown and is a superhit.
She has even promoted the trailer of her upcoming Netflix movie, Mrs Serial killer.
You can find the details of Mrs Serial Killer here:
She is also requesting and asking us to stay at home and stay safe in her video.
Salman Khan’s youtube channel is out now.
Jacqueline missing her mom during the lockdown.
Recently, I saw the ads of Four more shots, please! again. Last year, my friends did praise about the web-series but I assumed that it might be inspired by Kareena Kapoor’s Veerey Di Wedding and I decided to skip it because I wasn’t interested in watching any show based on feminism which shows how women have all rights to be badass.
This year, as we are in lockdown there is sufficient time to watch shows which varies by our taste.
So I started with Season 1 last Thursday night and finished the last episode of season 2 on Saturday afternoon.
I just loved the web-series. I tell you why?
Review in my way:
I am not going to write here the review for that you can just google it and find many articles and blogs on the same. Mine is a little twisted, I am not here to simply narrate the story but to make you understand why we must watch it. This web series is about four girls and the journey of their life. Why I liked the plot so much is because
- All the actors have done justice to their acting.
- Hats of to the leading ladies, all the four have justified their given roles and are a perfect fit.
- Damini (Sayani Gupta), Umang (Bani J), Anjana (Kirti Kulhari) and Siddhi (Maanvi Gaagro) so the four girls met at a bar a few years back and bonded together.
- The beautifully scripted storyline begins with someone’s success to others sorrow and sadness due to personal problems.
- It actually shows the bond of friends and how important is it to have real friends in life.
- Many of the times, we listen to others and do what pleases us because we trust a stranger more than others and we intentionally like to fall in the trap. Just like Anjana, who believed in someone.
- Sidhi’s character shows how the family controls her since childhood and how she deals with body-shaming and finally starts to love herself.
- In our society, we girls are grown and adapted the way our family and friends body-shame us, make fun of us. If we do something good, our own family doubt on our capabilities.
- In my family, I am being fat-shamed and body-shamed since childhood. In many families, even in-laws mock and body-shame.
- One of my cousins mocked at me for having readers and having fans on my page. Where this blog is even liked by Rangita Pritish Nandy and Maanvi Gagroo.
- One of my knowns keeps abusing and threatening me when I give my views and opinions related to politics.
- Though it was not required the way she gained the confidence, learned self-love and discovers her skills and abilities.
- Bani J as Umang is a bisexual and falls in love with Samaira (Lisa Ray).
- Umang’s character was actually interesting, it showed how she wanted to live her life with her own individuality. Being a Punjabi village girl she transformed herself, sustained and survived. Though her partner initially refused to admit their relationship later on everything goes well and they head towards marriage.
- The one thing, that Umang said, at last, was not to choose a person who keeps career over you and try to mould someone according to own. I fully agree, there must be mutual concern and agreement. A relationship must always be equal in the sense of loving, adjusting, understanding, compromising and sacrificing. I can say that Bani was a real fit for the character.
- Damini’s character is about a girl who is a journalist and founder of her company. She has a strong will, striking confidence, responsibility and maturity. Her, life shows different shades related to different topics be it office politics, anti-nationalism, righteousness. She is someone having a strong will-power, writing about and standing by the truth.
The story covers topics like misogyny, inequalities, trolling. It’s actually difficult for girls to survive even in Modern India where there are so many idiots in this world. Even on Facebook, so many people keep messaging, calling continuously unnecessarily from Facebook messenger.
- Anjana is a lawyer and excellent at her work, however, her personal life is a total mess and she tries to fix out all the issues with her ex-husband. Trying to equally balance her life.
- Being a successful lawyer, even she deals with the misogynistic behaviour of her boss. In my working career, even I have faced the same issue where higher authorities recommended my name for promotion based on my performance, but my immediate boss suggested a male colleague of mine because he could handle it better as he will not have to deal with home responsibilities.
- Her character throws life about how difficult it is to raise a child, being a single mother, open relationship, infidelity, adultery.
- I just loved her dress sense along with her makeover and lip-shades.
This is a complete entertainment during the lockdown. You can easily complete watching all the episode in just a days time.
Apart from the characters, you will love the editing, story-plot, sudden change of emotions in the storyline.
It’s a complete binge time for girls. You can rejuvenate your girl gangs memories while watching it and miss your friends.
Four more shots is bold, witty, fun to watch, delightful, glamourous, it gives you a message between all the glamour and shines of life.
Cinematography is very good.
While you are sitting at your homes you will be happy to virtually tour Istanbul, Jaipur, Goa and even you will love them to watch walking freely on streets and spending time in bars.
The web-series will remind you of FRIENDS as well. Just the coffee shop turned into a bar.
The series will make you miss your sleeping over at friends place, gossip and sharing.
Make you miss your friends and recollect the memories when they were with you during your wedding.
It will make you miss and encourage to plan a trip after things get normal.
As we know, we all are fighting with the novel Coronavirus and maintaining social distance, actually, this is something to something to wonder about how we will behave.
The coronavirus has taught us to live a simple life, staying at home is not so difficult.
But then, will things get to normal as it was?
The well-known Bollywood movie director Shaujit Sarkar has his own worries. The concern he has actually can change the whole pattern of movies, web-series and all similar kinds. It will not just affect Bollywood but all other movie industries in this world.
Shoojit Sarkar wrote on this post- ‘When all that is over, then how will the cinema world shoot the intimate scene in such surroundings. Especially intimate, kissing/hugging scenes. How far or close to? Or will they be dishonest on storytelling in these intimate scenes for some time? ‘
Many celebrities and individuals are reacting to the subject.
Diya Mirza wrote – ‘Guru, your complete means of movie making is integral! So many individuals will come collectively one after the opposite to create a second of unity and efforts. You are speaking about intimate scene … how will that change? Will we arrive carrying masks and gloves? Only time will inform.
Other commented that the flowers of ’70s will be back. However, other’s are hoping that there will be some creativity on that part.
An individual raised another concern
How will the industry shoot at all, if they ban gathering of 50 or more people?
Cappuccino is an espresso-based beverage made from coffee. It originated in Italy and soon the world started loving it.
As we are at lockdown and missing our cafe moments, let’s not miss but let’s make it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Coffee powder- 4 spoons
Sugar- 4 spoon
Skimmed milk-1 small teaspoon
Milk for two cups
- Add coffee powder, sugar and 1 teaspoon of skimmed milk in a bowl.
- Use a whisker or spoon to whisk the mixture until it becomes creamy. It will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Boil two cups of milk
- Pour the milk in the cup, add cappuccino mix and frothy milk on top.
- Design it with chocolate syrup.
- Enjoy with your cookies.
Dalgona Coffee, Mimi’s style
Here comes the viral recipe of lockdown, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook all the social media is flooded with the pictures of Dalgona coffee.
I also tried today but twisted the recipe slightly by adding hot milk instead of water. So the recipe is simple but I did it through my way:
I added 5 teaspoons of sugar, 5 teaspoons of coffee and very little hot milk.
*Note- Great recipe for an arm workout.
Whip the mixture until it becomes creamy. Add chilled sweetened milk in a serving glass, fill it with ice, top it with the coffee cream.
You can fill the day with these beverages and it works as your filler.
Lassi is a cooling and refreshing drink, it is popular in north India especially Punjab, Delhi and nearby states but it became so popular that now entire nation drinks it.
To make a quick drink for two, I just poured all the curd in a bowl.
Blend it with your blender or whisker, I added 5 tea-spoon sugar, a pinch of salt and mix the curd till it becomes smooth. Add a little bit of water, say 1/3 of the glass.
Keep on whirling till the time the sugar dissolves and you see a foamy layer on the top.
Now add any squash you have, rose water, dry fruits, cardamom of your choice.
I added Manama blue Curacao syrup as a topping.
Preparation time: 7 minutes.
Blue Curacao bubbly Mocktail
So this is another refreshing drink.
I have a Manama blue Curacao syrup so I decided to prepare a mocktail.
Preparation time: 3minutes
You just need to take a glass, fill it with ice.
Mix 1/4 th part of syrup and the remaining with soda.
You can even add water instead of soda. I added a half teaspoon of sugar as well, stir it and your refreshing mocktail is ready.
Who doesn’t want to be happy? Give me the name of one person who doesn’t want to laugh or have fun?
Some of you might raise your hand saying that my boss, wife, husband, the teacher doesn’t seem to be a happy person and hates happiness. That’s not so true but the situation is we are so much under pressure and stress because of so many responsibilities, tasks to do, handling escalation, completing targets and worrying every day for our family, running after money, fulfilling necessities, trying to cope up with the changing scenario.
Every day is a challenge, COVID-19 the global pandemic is the biggest fear within us not because we will get infected with the virus but I can see salespeople are worried as they aren’t able to meet up targets and the bosses are creating more pressure.
Job aspirants are worried because of all companies has kept upcoming positions on hold.
A husband is worried because he is unable to meet his girlfriend and can’t see her on video call as his wife is also at home. Ironically, an Italian found to be COVID-19 positive after he secretly met his girlfriend.
20 March, is celebrated worldwide as International Happiness Day, conceptualized and founded by Jayme Lillian in 2006.
The ulterior motives were to remind that happiness is a fundamental human right.
The 2020 International Day of Happiness campaign theme is ‘Happiness For All, Together’”.
It’s difficult to avoid a happy person, an innocent smile helps you release all stress and anxiety.How to find happiness
Happiness is an emotional state of mind when you feel satisfied, positive, pleasure and contentment.
You can find happiness in simpler things, monetary value can only add your happiness is a myth.
I have heard since childhood, my parents say that too much happiness will soon give rise to sorrows.বেশি হাঁসি টোটো কান্না- বলে গাছে রামশর্মা
Actually, this fear has also a name, this is known as Cherophobia.
If money is what you need to be happy, then let me tell you a happy person earns more compared to the unhappy one.
Sunbathing or spending more time in the sun makes you happier.
Watching or playing sports increases happiness.
Hug your child more, when they will grow up as adults they will be happier.
Every day try to find pleasure in small things.
Set a goal and once you achieve you will find happiness.
Be with someone who makes you laugh.
Maintaining social distance with people who grills your mind.
Keep your place neat and tidy, make your bed every day.
Don’t invest your energy and brain in overthinking, overthinking brings negativity hence dissolves happiness.
Dancing and exercise make you happy.
When you make your own decisions and discover the positive results make you happy.
Try to be satisfied with whatever your life gifts you.
Personal growth and development bring happiness and positivity.
A happy marriage is a key to success and happiness.
Wonderful support system keeps you happier even in adverse conditions.
Having several close friends leads to happiness.
Having pets relieves stress and anxiety hence makes you happy.
The more you smile, the more stress-free you are.
Vitamin B-6 is the source of happiness also known as “mood vitamin”. Have more oranges and bananas.
Singing makes you feel good as it releases endorphins.
People in relationships are happier than singles. Find a partner for yourself.
Spending money on the person you love, make you feel happier than spending on yourself.
Eating chicken, nuts, chocolates or milk boosts calmness and happiness due to the production of Serotonin.Happiness is affected due to the following causes
As I stated that in today’s world we are all busy, your happiness depends on the atmosphere you are in, office culture, friends & family, neighbours all play a vital role in keeping you happy.
You had a hard day at work and when you get back home your mother/mother-in-law, wife/husband keep on complaining and nagging around. Every day they tell you how unhappy they are.
A society where no one recognises you, fewer friends and all busy. Can you just imagine, how difficult your survival is?
What you want is a moment of silence, a sound sleep.
Position and social status are proportional to laughter.
The higher up in the hierarchy you are in the group, the less you will laugh.
That’s why our bosses laugh less as a sense of responsibility and obligation comes in their way.
Depressed or unhappy people laugh or smile more.
Happiness depends upon the outlook of your life. Hence, dissatisfied with whatever you possess will give rise to unhappiness.
The richer you become, the more expensive your happiness are.
Fact check: Women are unhappiest in their life around the age of 37; men around the age of 42.Conclusion
As stated, though it’s difficult for a few to remain happy still try to find happiness in little things you get. We just have one life, it’s your choice if you want to waste it by cribbing, nagging, complaining, treating bad, hating, fill your heart with negativity and bitterness or remaining happy.
People want to be in the company of a happy person and are attracted to a smile more than the make-up or a girl applies.
Ability to make one person happy will change their world.
Similarly, girls are attracted to a man who has a strong sense of humour.