Our central government, the state government especially the police and doctors are doing an incredible job.
However, the opposition party has slammed the decision of Modi this time. On a live discussion with Congress MP in India Today, he focused on the distress situations of workers.
Some industries and supply chain must be taken care of as he mentioned
Modi has come up with a very unique and comprehensive strategy we can say a mix of phased lifting along with lockdown extension.
With fast action and early lockdown, India has done much better than the bigger nations. The figures from these developed nations show that we are doing much better.Narendra Modi
- Lockdown has extended till 3rd May.
- The areas which don’t come under hotspot areas they will be given certain relief with conditions.
- If any case of coronavirus comes from those areas, the relief will be banned.
- New lockdown is of 19 days.
- Till April 20, every district, cities, localities will be closely monitored to ensure how strictly they are following the rules.
- Detailed guidelines on lockdown-2.0 will be issued tomorrow.
- PM Modi has announced lockdown relaxations for daily wagers and farmers.
- He asked to take care of our elders, especially those who are underlying medical treatments.
- Wear masks
- Follow social distancing
- Download Aarogya setu app
- Take care of the poor
- Take care of the employees don’t fire them.
- Respect police and other authorities during the coronavirus.
States which will not let hotspots increase, they could be allowed to let some important activities resume, but with certain conditions.PM Narendra Modi
On the contrary, deaths of 10000 have also crossed. Where in other states new year celebration is silent, my native state West Bengal is celebrating the Bengali new year. People are buying sweets on the market.
Dr Naresh Trehan, who is chairman of Medanta mentioned the importance of wearing masks taking the example of Czechoslovakia
Rajeev Sardesai, Consulting editor gave an example of Kerala and Karnataka as they have succeeded in flattening the curve.
So in the crux, we need to stay together, as our country cannot afford to deal with disastrous results.
Our Prime Minister assured us that the country has enough stock of medicine and ration.
Health infrastructure and supply chain will be taken cared of.
April 20th is going to be an important day. Now let’s see what’s going on social media.
Our honourable Minster changed his profile picture. He wrapped “gamcha” on is his face when he addressed the nation, later on, he removed it and started giving the speech.
Shashi Tharoor tweeted:
I support the announcement by Narendra Modi of lockdown extension. Can’t discard the gains being made. But h should have also announced serious relief for those who cannot make ends meet. MNREGA payments, JanDhan accounts, GST dues to states & aid to sweeten the pill.Shashi Tharoor
ANI addressed why the lockdown is till 3rd May on its tweet.
Govt sources on the extension of lockdown to May 3rd rather than April 30 (as recommended by states): 1st May is a public holiday 2nd May is a Saturday and 3rd May is a Sunday.ANI